Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thanks and Upcoming Project

Is May a crazy month for anyone else? Between graduations, camping trips, and weddings, my May has filled right up. That's not a bad thing. I like being busy, but that leaves too little time to quilt and blog. Sorry if you feel neglected. June is a new month.

First, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Carla over at Lollyquilts for featuring my Modern Cross Quilt on her blog. Carla is so sweet and was very excited about my quilt. I feel so blessed to be in such a supportive quilt-blogging community! So go check out Carla's blog and check out her new post featuring other modern cross quilts. I love the scrappy cross quilts made by Jenny at Cut, Sew, Iron, Repeat! Don't you want to try one? Check out the tutorial.



















Now for my first June project. Remember these beauties?



















They have just been sitting patiently by while I finished up my Zoo quilt. But now, their patience is waning. They want to be made into a gorgeous, summery quilt. Okay, okay. I'm listening!

I had been planning some kind of pendant quilt for these fabrics when all the sudden I saw Joel Dewberry's new quilt for the Aviary 2 line, and there it was! I think I'm going to use his pattern for my second Modern Meadow Quilt (this time in Berry). Though, I tend to use patterns somewhat loosely so I may not follow it exactly. Or maybe I will for a change. But either way, this is a gorgeous quilt pattern and I can't wait to get started on another quilt. Thankfully, June is just around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you will do with these incredible fabrics. I am wishing you many free summer hours for happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete