Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wedding Gift Mug Rugs

I don't have much time to write as I have a wedding to get ready for, but before I clean up (I've been weeding my garden all morning) and pick out a dress, I thought I'd share with you my final mug rug in the series of three. All were created with scraps of Modern Meadow and with left over ash and turquoise Kona Cotton solids. They are all straight-line quilted, but in different patterns. I like how they turned out, but I think the one with the turquoise border is a bit too bold for the set. I like the other two better, but no time to make a new one and I like everything but the binding on that one. So here's the newest addition made last night:



















And all together now!



















Here's a back shot so you can see the quilting a bit better. Though, I guess you can see it pretty well on the front. Well, I like the colors together!



















I hope the new couple loves these little mug rugs and will use them often. I'd rather they get spotted and stained than put away in a drawer and never used (I have a few wedding gifts like that which I'm just starting to weed out for donations.) Happy Saturday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love those mug rugs! You should do some placemats as well and maybe a toaster cosy? (just kidding about the toaster but the placemats would be awesome)

    ReplyDelete