Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Deer Delivery

Last week I received a package from Hawthorne Threads (my favorite website for drooling over designer prints) containing these beautiful fabrics from Joel Dewberry's line Deer Valley:



















As most of my friends know, I have a weakness for aqua and brown, but I have a serious fondness for the rust in that gorgeous architectural print. I haven't had as much time this week to quilt as I would have liked, but I have a plan and all of my pieces for the quilt top cut. I'll start piecing tonight. I'm excited to get back to quilting again after a month's hiatus. I'm realizing that being a novice quilter is made much more difficult because of my meager scrap collection. Every time I want to make a quilt, I have to buy all new fabrics. I know that somewhere down the line, I'll be able to make entire quilts out of my long collected scraps, but for now, I'm mostly sticking with one fabric collection at a time and buying as I go.

Here are two of my previous quilts to hold you over until I make some progress with my Deer Valley baby quilt:

This was my mom's birthday present. A lap quilt made from one of my favorite collections, Heather Bailey's Pop Garden. These bold florals take me back to those days of vintage sheets, trundle beds, and shared bedrooms. I have to say, I was tempted to keep this one for myself.























For my sister's birthday, I made her a quilt out of Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush. These fabrics are fun, bold, and funky. A perfect collection for my sister.


























The gold fabric is my favorite part and also made up the binding. 

I'm glad to have added bits of these gorgeous prints to my dear little scrap collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment